Thursday, May 6, 2010

ATTENTION! BUG!

I had all these plans for working out the last two days and of course I am hit with a with a bug of some sort or potentially food poisoning? Not sure which but whatever the case I spent the majority of Tuesday in agony with stomach cramps that slowly worked into a whole body ache that carried over into the entirety of Wednesday. I spent the whole day on the couch curled up in the fetal position watching TV with the dog, Theo. I had to force myself to eat both days and am pretty sure I was well below my calorie limits. That is until I felt somewhat better last night and splurged on some chips and salsa. And ice cream, of course. Looking back at it now I probably should have laid off the chips and salsa and potentially the ice cream (although it kills me to say so!) since I spent a good amount of time dehydrated the last two days. Oh well, I made up for it today with plenty of fluids and a lot of exercise.

Started the C25K today and did the recommended time for both intervals. But I think I could have done better, I managed a 4.0 for the 5 minute warm up and the walking intervals and a 6.0 for running. And truthfully I didn’t even feel winded but was afraid to push myself too hard especially after coming off a two day sickness. But I ran/walked for 25 minutes and then jumped onto the free motion machine for another 35. Not to mention worked out with a trainer for 60 minutes for strength/core exercises earlier in the day. Tomorrow I’m going to attempt to push myself a little deeper in the C25K training and try to go faster for both running/walking intervals. And potentially going to yoga later in the evening with the roommate? This week has been successful so far, even considering my lay up. I’m planning on doing weekly weigh-ins every Saturday from now on so except an update soon. 

Okay, time to leave the gym and head home!

No comments:

Post a Comment