Friday, May 14, 2010

One of the hardest parts about losing weight, other than the obvious working out and dieting and generally being a drill sergeant within your own life, is what your body does in response. Waking up this morning naked in my bed, I looked down and ran a finger down the lines crisscrossing my belly and hips. Another part of being a woman I suppose is the hard fact that we typically lose and gain weight in these areas and because of this, stretch marks happen. But you know, looking at them now I feel kind of like they represent a change and consider them more of battle wounds. Yes, I do have loose skin that will probably take years to tighten up properly without the additional help of surgery, which isn’t bound to happen unless I win the lottery or a sugar daddy. But, I’m okay with my wings and stretch marks for the time being. They are reminders of where I’ve come, all 80 pounds of it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment