Tuesday, May 11, 2010

So I admit, I’m kind of in tears right now. Yesterday I kicked my own ass (with a little help from an amazing woman, friend and trainer) and you know what? Even on 5 hours of sleep I felt strong. I’m literally 5 pounds away from a healthy BMI and this is the smallest I remember, ever, being. Of course I was thinner in high school but even then I hated my body and felt self conscious about how much I weighed. But now I look in the mirror and feel strong. I am starting to fall in love with how my shoulders and arms look and my legs are thinner and more muscular then they have ever been, even when I was cycling daily. I’m feeling more dedicated and motivated in the last two weeks and am going to push until I reach my goal for this month.

Anyway, today marks the second day of my second week of the C25K training. Yesterday I did feel a bit fatigued as I started in on it but pushed through regardless. Becoming a bigger fan of interval and drills so it makes sense I would enjoy this sort of training schedule. I like high intensity sort of work that makes me think and pushes me out of my comfort zone. Wait, did I just type that?? I feel like a different person these days. It’s kind of remarkable. 

3 comments:

  1. Go Lydia - you are doing a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will make your goal this month! High intensity is the best sort of cardio. Pushing through a little fatige feels so rewarding in the end, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete