Sunday, May 23, 2010

Things I Enjoy Sunday.

Some changes in mood. I decided, after some deliberation, that I am going to up my calories and stop paying so much attention to the numbers. I was noticing that if I ate over my limit for the day I would start to feel anxiety and end up going even further over. Also, I think I need to start to focus more on strength training and less on the numbers in general. Hence part of the reason I hadn’t done a weigh-in yet. I had a very bad week this week, running around and feeling lackluster for the most part. Drinking, eating and exercising less than I normally do. And according to the scale today I’m at 170.8. So if that’s correct I gained 3 pounds in one week? I didn’t weigh in on Saturday like I usually do and waited until eating, which I usually don’t do either. I went out on Wednesday with some co-workers, drank and ate way more than I would like and then went out again on Friday for a friend’s 30th birthday. Not to say I didn’t have fun but then again splurges like this have to be taken into account in regards to working out and eating well for the rest of the week. But, in the same breath, I need to start rewarding myself and stop focusing so much on the numbers. Because, stressing myself out over it just tends to put my mindset in a negative one and that creates a downward spiral.

I’m also starting to come to terms with the fact that (1) I will never be skinny and (2) I don’t really think I want to. The idea of losing my curves bothers me. I like the concept of the bombshell, the full figured woman, the curvaceous sex goddess and it’s what normally, in moments of positive self image, I consider my figure to be. So why fight Mother Nature needlessly? Why struggle with calories when I should be paying more attention to serving size, protein, nutrition, etc.? Why whittle away the hours on the elliptical or cardio machines when I should also be focusing on building muscle and toning the body I already have? I may never gain the gap between my thighs or lose the jiggle of my upper arms from loose skin due to weight loss or even smooth down the stretch marks dancing across my belly, hips and thighs. But I do notice the way my thighs look in a pair of fishnets, how toned and muscular my calves are and the very fact that my ass actually seems to be getting bigger as I lose weight due to muscle tone.

I feel good about what I’ve accomplished. It’s now time to start focusing on living life and realizing that every day cannot be the downward climb into skinny jeans. Especially since mine already fit, and on a good day: without the tell-tale sign of muffin top.

Fitness goals :
3 sets of 15 full body push-ups.
3 sets of 8 assisted pull-ups at 40% of your current weight.
3 sets of 50 walking lunges carrying 15lb dumbbells.
3 sets of 30 BOSU step-overs in 30 seconds with a 30 second break

Where I’m at (fitness challenge so far) :
3 sets of knee push-ups (20,20,12)
3 sets of assisted pull ups @ 40% of current weight (7,7,4.5)
3 sets of 50 walking lunges carrying 10lb dumbbells
3 sets of Bosu step-overs (20,20,20)

Some additional workout stats :
3 sets of dips (20,9,13)
Forearm plank 3 sets of 50seconds
Side plank 2 sets of 20 second per side
Blue ball curl ups 30 reps
Leg curl ups on wall 30 per leg
Knee cross 15 per side

No comments:

Post a Comment