Saturday, May 15, 2010

Opps, I slipped up.

I did my weekly weigh-in and I didn’t lose ANYTHING this week and actually gained .4 lbs. And I know why. Even though I worked out a lot this week and have done my fair share of strength training my eating habits weren’t on point. I also drank a lot this week, two glasses of wine one day and then on Thursday – eek, no idea! I ate over 1600 calories most days I think, running around like mad and not really having time to concentrate or spending the time needed to write things down and be mindful. I didn't, however, splurge and eat pizza on Thursday even though that's where a group of us were meeting up. Which I'm proud of because I had started talking about pizza at work beforehand and was craving something terrible. But even then, I’m not surprised by the gain. This is part of the reason that I am doing a weekly weigh-in so that I can try to be more accountable for each week rather than losing track and being surprised at the end of the month. Also, weighing in each week allows me the concept of starting over and putting the week before in the past which I think is an important part. You can’t focus on the bad but try to gain respect for what you are doing and the efforts you are making. So next week, I will NOT drink. Period. I overdid it this week and it’ll be my punishment of sorts. I also definitely ate after 7pm which is something I am usually really good about. And I didn’t sleep very much, which probably affected my metabolism as well. My goal this coming week is 7-9 hours a night, no matter what. My mind and body are exhausted and it’s hard to exert myself properly. Anyway, TAKE 2, time to start anew!!

No comments:

Post a Comment