Saturday, May 1, 2010

MAY 1ST, 2010!

TODAY is May 1st. Today is a new day, a new month, a new start. Starting today: no more excuses, no more forgetting to eat, no more eating two hours before bedtime, etc. etc. And also, starting today no more giving into the temptation of shrugging my shoulders and saying “well, yesterday..”

Today, is always a new day.

Today, I will eat according to my diet and drink plenty of water and limit myself to cardio. Next week I have a huge week planned of strength training and as much as I want to push myself I know I can easily overdo it if I’m not careful. So I’m finishing this week out and surging into the new month. I did measurements yesterday and weighed myself this morning - 172. Not exactly where I wanted to be this month but in the words of a friend "you are still going in the right direction!" Which is the right way to think about things, at least I'm still LOSING as opposed to gaining. I just need to refocus my motivation. To those who continue to be supportive, thank you.

I feel lucky to have such a large group of people around me pushing me to learn, willing me to grow and anchoring me when I feel weak. I’m realizing I’m stronger than I was even when I was cycling everyday. My legs have NEVER looked this toned or lean before – which explains all the baggy knees in my skinny jeans. It never occurred to me that I would lose inches around my knees or calves. Considering that I wonder what lies in store for me in a few weeks, a month, two months? My body is just now starting to adapt to the idea of being athletic – it’s my job to make sure I follow through and help it during the process. I want to be strong, firm, toned. Yes it takes time, dedication and a certain amount of isolation but my health is worth it.

Wish me luck for the week ahead! 

No comments:

Post a Comment